You will be a maintenance specialist who leverages their technical knowledge and skills within a diverse team of driven professionals. Your tasks will include to:
- Operate equipment and machinery for preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance.
- Survey assigned jobs and ensure that sufficient and proper materials and tools are on hand.
- Direct and inspect the work of detainee maintenance staff, providing technical assistance.
- Perform carpentry to repair or replace doors, windows, walls, flooring, roofing, etc.
- Carry out repairs for plumbing, heating, and air conditioning, including furnaces, ductwork, air conditioners, piping, instrument controls, washbasins, and toilet facilities.
- Perform electrical work, such as repairing and replacing fluorescent fixtures and control switches, as well as disconnecting wiring.
- Execute minor construction work, such as building storage bins, stockroom shelves, counters, and workbenches using precision hand and power tools.
- Complete mechanical work involving repair and maintenance of facility machinery, motors, and vehicles.
- Assist in maintaining the security of assigned detainees.
We're looking for individuals from different backgrounds
Building an inclusive culture where every employee can perform to their maximum potential is the center of GEO’s employee value proposition. Our success is based on diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of eclectic perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply. Here’s to unlimited ideas, increased productivity, and innovative solutions!
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two (2) years general maintenance and/or related construction trade.
- Valid, active driver's license.
- Must have knowledge of equipment necessary for making proper repairs.
- Able to perform general plumbing, carpentry, mechanical and electrical repairs;
- Effectively communicate with residents and staff; react quickly and appropriately in an emergency situation.