Conservation Field Tech
CEHMM a 501(c)3 non-profit conservation and environmental services organization, is seeking a full-time Conservation Field Technician to conduct activities associated with wildlife conservation, assist and support technical team with a wide variety of activities associated with wildlife conservation management and maintenance.
The Conservation Field Technician position is a permanent full-time position located in Carlsbad, NM, reporting to the Conservation Project Manager. The Conservation Field Technician will accomplish a wide variety of client needs including but not limited to:
- Routine assistance to senior staff.
- Conduct biological surveys using various types of equipment.
- Collect biological field samples and record basic data.
- Compile, prepare, analyze, and manage survey data.
- Construct and repair habitat improvement structures.
- Organize logistics for field operations.
- Set up, operate, and maintain instruments and equipment.
- Transport equipment and supplies using trucks and trailers, as necessary.
- Land management and invasive species control, as necessary.
- Mix and apply chemicals according to label instructions.
- Monitor experiments, make observations, calculate, and record results.
- Assist private landowners with wildlife management.
- Produce maps using GIS equipment.
- Keep accurate and complete records.
- Assist with preparation of technical reports and scientific papers.
- Adhere to correct procedures and health and safety guidelines.
- Various other projects and duties as assigned.
The salary range for this position is $18 - $25 per hour depending on experience. CEHMM offers a very relaxed work environment with flexible schedules, competitive compensation, benefits including 401K, quality insurance options, relocation reimbursement, education reimbursement, and clothing allowance.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to obtain licenses and certifications as required.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree in wildlife biology or range science preferred.
- Five years’ experience or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with or ability and interest to learn wildlife/wildlife conservation.
- Ability to identify and differentiate between species in the field, in particular lesser prairie-chickens, and dunes sagebrush lizards.
- Experience with GPS.
- Experience with GIS.
- Ability to pull a trailer and operate a UTV.
To apply please send cover letter, resume and references to CEHMM, 505 N. Main St., Carlsbad, NM 88220, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact person email@example.com with the subject Conservation Field Technician. CEHMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.