Substance Abuse Counselor
- Associate degree in counseling, substance abuse or a related field from an accredited institution along with ninety (90) clock hours of education and training in the area alcohol, drug, and counseling. Must provide verification of education and experience from associated authorities.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must have arranged for appropriate supervision, including an experience plan.
- Working knowledge of the Twelve Step Program of Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous.
- Ability to interact in professional manner in both individual and group counseling settings.
- Personal commitment to uphold and adhere to the Code of Ethics as outlined by the New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Board.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.